The Library offers private training sessions to learn basic skills needed to fully use all of the features of our Internet PCs. Learn how to:
- Borrow eBooks and eMagazines
- Create an email account
- Search for and apply to employment opportunities online
- Get started with Facebook and Twitter
- Play CDs and DVDs
- Save files to the computer, a flash drive, or CD
- Open software programs, such as Microsoft Office
- Improve your typing skills with Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing
To help you discover the wealth of information services open to you on the Internet, Tompkins County Public Library is offering individualized training sessions to teach you the skills required to search for information on the Internet. The instructor will review how to use Internet browsers, how to obtain and use an e-mail account or social media account, download digital files and more.
Please visit the reference desk or contact Tom Fredette at 272-4557 ext. 271 to sign up for a training session.
Training on how to search for library resources using our library catalog (PowerPAC) is always available from our Reference Librarians.
Learn how to:
- Search for titles on different topics or formats, such as New Fiction or books on CD
- Manage your library account information
- Suggest titles for the library to purchase
- Request titles from outside the Finger Lakes Library System (Inter-Library Loans, or ILLs)
- Read bestsellers lists
- Discover our new DVD purchases
- Search in Spanish language
For help in using our catalog whenever you need it, or to make an appointment for a private training session, visit the reference desk or call Tom Fredette at 272-4557 ext. 271.