No time to come to the library to open an account? No problem. New users can register for a Tompkins County Public Library card online!
Getting a card is now as quick as a click of the mouse.
1. Go to the Patron Account page. At the top of the page, look for the text "...click here to register now," which is located above the login area.
2. Fill out the online form. (In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, you must be 13 or older in order to complete this registration.)
- You will have immediate access to many of TCPL's databases using the temporary card number assigned to you. (Due to licensing restrictions, not all databases will be available to those with temporary cards.)
- You will be able to place holds on library materials that are currently checked out from TCPL or located at other Finger Lakes Library System libraries. (We're sorry, but interlibrary loans for out-of-system requests using WorldCat (OCLC) - can not be placed until you have shown your identification and received your library card.)
3. After registering online, stop by the circulation desk within 3 months and show photo identification (with a current address or documentation showing your new address) to receive your TCPL card.
Due to limitations with the software, you will not be able to register online for a TCPL card if you currently have a card at another library in the Finger Lakes Library System.