- Sign up for the TCPL card and unlock the vast resources of the Tompkins County Public Library (TCPL). From borrowing books and DVDs, to using free Wi-Fi and downloading eBooks, your library card is necessary to use and enjoy the library.
- You can place hold requests for items at our library and the member libraries of the Finger Lakes Library System (FLLS). TCPL and FLLS also permit you to submit hold requests for many titles through Interlibrary Loan. The ILL service has quickly become very popular - let it expand your access to Library collections worldwide!
- The Circulation Department has answers about using the Library, such as how many items you can check out at one time and fines and fees for overdue items.
- The Library offers computers loaded with software programs, such as Microsoft Office, educational software and games, and Internet service. Use the public access computers or bring your own laptop and use the wireless network. Black and white printing is available.
- The Library's public spaces are available for you! Reserve the BorgWarner Community Meeting Room for your next workshop, forum, clinic or other meetings. The Library also has free study rooms on a first-come, first-serve basis, a Community Bulletin Board, and exhibit spaces.
- Tompkins County Public Library reaches out to patrons who are visually impaired. Explore the Large Type (LT) collection and audiobooks. (NOTE: the TCPL website strives to meet ADA compliancy.) We can also connect you to the resources at Finger Lakes Library System, as well as the New York State Library's Talking Books and Braille Library.
- Students of any age, whether in formal programs or life-long learners, will find interesting new worlds through TCPL's Language Learning and Continuing Education Services and tools. If you're learning English as a Second Language, be sure to check it out!
We hope you'll find it at the Library - whether in our location at 101 East Green Street in Ithaca or searching from home!