Catalog Help & Troubleshooting Tips
The virtual collection from TCPL offers a variety of online databases that allow you to research topics, such as health and business, and locate full-text articles from magazines, newspapers and encyclopedias.
- A valid Tompkins County Public Library card is required to use online resources from home. Enter your complete library card number. Include the D. Put no spaces between the numbers.
- You can use the latest web browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape, Opera and Google Chrome.
- Cookies should be enabled in your web browser.
- Security settings in your web browser should be set no higher than Medium.
- Firewall and virus software can create connectivity issues which may require adjustments in your settings to enable access. If you have a firewall, such as Norton, or other security software on your machine, it may block your access to some of the databases. If you have Norton software, please visit this page to find out more:
Passing Referrer Information to specific web pages in Norton Internet Security and Norton Personal Firewall: http://homeofficeforum.ca.com/homeofficeforum/archive/index.php/f-21.html .
- If you are using CA Personal Firewall, you may need to adjust settings OR manage sites. Please consult CA Home and Home Office Forum for specific questions and solutions or go to: http://homeofficeforum.ca.com/homeofficeforum/archive/index.php/t-485.html
- Clear your Temporary Internet Files or cache.
If you need assistance constructing your search or accessing the databases, please contact the Adult Services Reference Desk at 607-272-4556 or submit the online help form.