Mango Languages is an easy to use online language-learning system teaching actual conversation skills for 22 languages and 14 English as a Second Language courses. Languages include Spanish, French, Italian, Irish, Russian, Greek, German, Japanese, Turkish, Korean, Vietnamese, and HIndi. Mango uses real-life situations and actual conversations to more effectively teach a new language and learn how to communicate. Available in the Library or from home.
Funded by Finger Lakes Library System
*iPhone and iPad users please note that Mango and Tumblebooks databases may require Adobe Flash player or a downloadable app.
Mango Languages has just released four new languages: Swahili, Romanian, Egyptian Arabic, and Modern Standard Arabic - feel free to check them out on your course list!
Rosetta Stone Language Learning Programs
For use in the Library only on designated computers. Please ask for assistance at the reference desk. Training is available for ESL learners and/or tutors. Contact Joyce Wheatley at 607-272-4557 ext. 257 or email email@example.com to set up appointment.
- Rosetta Stone Version 1: English (US) Level 1, 2 & 3
- Rosetta Stone Version 3: English (US) Level 1, 2 & 3
- Rosetta Stone Version 3: Spanish (Latin America) Level 1, 2 & 3
The Library also provides access to quality language learning materials that can be checked out in print, on CD and via downloadable formats.
Bases de datos - Español (EBSCO)
Available from home. Funded by NOVEL, an electronic resource access project that enables libraries across New York State to give their communities online access to the full text of hundreds of journals, newspapers and other references.
La Nueva Enciclopedia Cumbre Database
A comprehensive encyclopedia for Spanish speakers
(Funded by FLLS & NOVEL)
What do the icons mean?
- Available in the Library or from home with a TCPL card.
- Funded by NOVEL, an electronic resource access project that enables libraries across New York State to give their communities online access to the full text of hundreds of journals, newspapers and other references.
- Funded by the Finger Lakes Library System.
- Funded with RBDB funds through the South Central Regional Library Council
- In-Library Use - Accessible from Library computers only