Genealogy & Family Research
Ancestry Library Edition Genealogy (ProQuest)
This genealogy and family research database covers the U.S. and the U.K. It includes census, vital, church, court, and immigration records, as well as record collections from Canada. This collection has more than 4,000 databases, 1.5 billion names, and covers the years 1300 – present. It complements HeritageQuest Online to which TCPL also subscribes. Ancestry Help Sheet (.pdf) This database is accessible from Library computers only.
HeritageQuest Online Genealogy (ProQuest)
This genealogy database offers materials for researching family histories and American culture. This database includes indexes of genealogy resources and original page images. It includes over 20,000 books, the entire U.S. Federal Census from 1790 - 1930, PERSI (PERiodical Source Index), Freedman’s Bank Records, Revolutionary War Pension Records, and more. HeritageQuest Help Sheet (.pdf)
What do the icons mean?
- Available in the Library or from home with a TCPL card.
- Funded by NOVEL, an electronic resource access project that enables libraries across New York State to give their communities online access to the full text of hundreds of journals, newspapers and other references.
- Funded by the Finger Lakes Library System.
- Funded with RBDB funds through the South Central Regional Library Council
- In-Library Use - Accessible from Library computers only