Co-sponsored Program Guidelines
As a key element in fulfilling the library's mission and Strategic Plan 2002-2007, the library will develop programs that support life long learning, enhance the community's access to cultural experiences, and promote the library and its services. Exhibits, displays, performances, workshops, and events will be designed to provide a diverse range of opportunities to meet the varying needs and tastes of the community. All library programs are free to the public.
January 21, 2003
The Tompkins County Public Library is committed to providing quality programming for the community. The library is willing to serve as a co-sponsor for programs that adhere to the Program Mission Statement. Community groups interested in working with the library to present a co-sponsored public program are requested to follow these guidelines, designed to assist the library and community organization in providing successful programming for the public.
Community organizations interested in co-sponsoring a program or series of programs with the library should submit an application (.pdf) in writing to the Library at least 12 weeks prior to the scheduled program date. The library will respond within ten business days of the initial request. The Library Director reserves the right to make the final decision on all co-sponsored program applications.
Program approval is based on the following criteria:
- The program supports the Program Mission Statement and will have a positive effect on TCPL.
- The program does not conflict with current TCPL programming.
- The co-sponsoring group is in good standing with the library (e.g. met and followed library expectations for past programs).
- Application indicates that a quality program has been planned by the co-sponsoring group.
- Co-sponsoring group has indicated that there is adequate oversight for the program.
Upon approval of the application, the co-sponsoring organization agrees to:
- Notify the library of program cancellation no less than 2 weeks prior to the program, unless lack of registration or inclement weather prohibits the execution of the programming.
- Submit required paperwork for the reservation of the room space in the Borg Warner Room. The Thaler Howell Program Room is available only for Youth Services Programming.
- Promote the event, and provide the library with promotional information to be added to the TCPL web site, flyers or posters to display in the library; and include TCPL as a co-sponsor in all promotional advertising (official logo is available upon request) and is encouraged. Promotional information must be received five weeks prior to the event.
- Provide all room set-up and breakdown as needed (make arrangements to be trained in AV equipment use if needed), and have a contact from the organization in the room at least 30 minutes prior to the program.
- At the completion of the program, report the number in attendance to the Program Liaison.
- Waive the rental for use of the Borg Warner Community Room.
- Provide a program liaison or program volunteer to assist in the coordination and execution of the program as needed.
- Promote the program through the library's regular outlets: the library's web site, bulletin boards, interviews with Casey Stevens and posters in the library.
Please print and fill out the application below.
Tip: Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader