Find out what's happening at the Library! Library blogs, newsletters and social media keep you up-to-date!
- TCPL News - Read the Library news blog for information on programs, events, exhibits, announcements and more!
- Bookletters - Sign up to receive electronic newsletters for reading suggestions, new movies and to find out what's happening at the Library. RSS feeds from WorldCat are available for TCPL's World Language collections..
- Closings & Delays - Get information on weather closings and delays for the Library and the Tompkins County area.
- Exhibits at TCPL - Enjoy the dramatic, fun and exciting work of local and nationally-known artists and join us for openings and receptions to meet the artists and new friends.
- In Your Own Words - TCPL Teens on Tumblr - Teens share and comment on their own reviews.
- Monthly Programming Page - A monthly publication of events for all ages.
- What’s On Your Mind? (Patron Comments) - Library Director responds to public comments.
- The Library Connection Newsletter - a newsletter of the Tompkins County Public Library, the Tompkins County Public Library Foundation and the Friends of the Library booksale.
- Volunteer Newsletter - Find out what the library volunteers are doing.
- Wild About Reading - A book blog for kids and their caregivers.
- RSS feeds from Finger Lakes Library System - These feeds are very active and will generate a news item every time an item is added to the catalog at TCPL or any member library in the Finger Lakes Library System. Subscribe at catalog.flls.org/polaris/rss/feeds.aspx?. Feeds include new books, new videos, new sound recordings and new large type books!
TCPL Librarian Jennifer Schlossberg discusses the free services.
Cornell professor Brian Wansink will help kick of the Tompkins Co. Public Library Foundations push to raise $75,000 this fall. He spoke with us about the value of the library, and his latest work on mindless eating.
Sarah Glogowski discusses this year's Community Read, its relation to Cornell University, and a panel discussion about empathy scheduled for tomorrow night at the public library.
Susan Currie, Director of the Tompkins County Public Library, talks about the true equity of a community center like the library.
Susan describes the Library's collections, services, programs, outreach efforts and "Success Stories" in this interview taped Tuesday, July 20, 2010 for All Things Equal, a weekly program on WHCU Tuesday mornings at 8:30 AM.
Panel Discussion: "From Chaos to Community LIVE" at the Tompkins Co. Public Library -- February 26, 2011
American Library Association Webinar: Digitizing Hidden Collections:
Success Stories from Small and Medium-sized Digitization Projects November 2, 2011
TCPL reference librarian Lawrence Carey discusses the library’s local-history digitization initiative
Subscribe to any of these feeds by following the directions of your reader or by copying the URL/shortcut that corresponds to the topic that interests you and pasting the URL (web address) into your reader. You can also click on the web address and then add to your favorites or bookmarks.